Seasonal Care: What Herbs Your Body Needs in Each Season
It is not just our external environment that transforms with fall, winter, spring, and summer. Our bodies also experience change throughout the year. And no matter which season you like the most, each one is unique and comes with its own set of problems.
You might do a lot to help your body adapt to changing seasons on the outside. But we often do little to take care of the seasonal changes in our health and moods.
Read on to learn about the seasonal herbal needs for your body and how some healthy herbs can help you stay healthy and strong in different seasons!
Fall is the season of change - the transition from the heat of the summer to dark, chilling winters. The dry and cold weather of fall causes levels of moisture in the body to reduce. The dry winds also make us feel more edgy and erratic, which can take a toll on our nervous system. What your body needs in fall are toning and warming foods and healthy herbs to prepare you for the challenges of long, cold winter.
Best Herbs for Fall
- Echinacea helps to boost the immune system.
- Horseradish to flush inflammation and clear the sinuses.
- Hawthorn to strengthen the heart and circulatory system.
When the cold weather strikes, your body needs something to keep it warm, support the immune system, energize circulatory systems, and tonify major organs.
Best Herbs for Winter
- Astragalus roots strengthen the immune system and spleen, support metabolism, and energizes the lungs.
- Ginger root to strengthen lungs, dissolve phlegm, and support digestion
- Cinnamon bark warms your body on the inside and harmonizes heat distribution.
As the weather turns back warmer after frigid winters, your body is exposed to more daylight hours. The ups-and-downs of the temperature and seasonal pollens can negatively affect your immune responses. In spring, your body needs cleansing and adaptive herbs to cure seasonal allergens, eliminate acidic wastes and regulate your body temperature.
Best Herbs for Spring
- Burdock root to enhance detoxification and increase cellular metabolism.
- Stinging Nettle Leaf for greater nutritional support, increased urine output, and removal of uric acid.
In order to deal with summer heat, your body needs foods and nutrients that assist in discharging heat. Vital minerals are typically lost through perspiration and frequent urination in summers, so you need supplements to build up mineral reserves.
Best Herbs for Summer
- Chamomile to cool the body, ease insomnia, support digestion.
- Indian Gooseberry to soothe body heat and detoxify the body while also nourishing it.
It’s a Wrap!
Regardless of the season, your body needs all the vital nutrients and supplements to keep it functional and healthy. At HerbEra, we offer 100% pure and organic herbal supplements, tinctures, and formulas to help revitalize your bodily systems with the health benefits of herbs all through the year!