Tongkat Ali: What are its Health benefits?
Tongkat Ali plant has become a popular supplement as it can increase testosterone levels naturally. It can also help maintain male hormone levels. However, a good number of people are unfamiliar with this amazing product and many people wonder what Tongkat Ali really is.
Tongkat Ali is a flowering plant mainly found in Indonesia and Malaysia. Its root is mainly used to create herbal medicines. This plant has been used for hundreds of years in Malaysia, and its root is used for its aphrodisiac properties, but also because it provides energy and promotes well-being. Studies have shown that an intake of Tongkat Ali supplements can boost testosterone level and increase sexual performance in males.
Benefits of Tongkat Ali
Significant research studies have been conductedto identify the benefits of tongkatali. Below is a list of some of its benefits:
- It helps strengthen virility.
- It is a natural anti-aging herb for men.
- It increases libido and sexual desire in an increased way.
- It has an effect on the quality but also on the quantity of sperm.
- It really impacts on well-being: a study showed that an intake of tongkat ali by healthy males, improves their quality of life and their well-being.
Tongkat ali is observed to cause a significant rise in free testosterone in the blood, according to a 2014 study. An increased levels of the hormone testosterone help in functioning and growth of the male reproductive organs. Normal testosterone levels maintain strength, mood, fertility, and sexual desire.
Testosterone also contributes to the strength of bones and increases muscle mass, which is why it is frequently used by athletes.
- It increases muscle mass and strengthens the metabolism by facilitating fat burning, so it is a very popular food supplement for athletes.
- Tongkat Ali has also been used to build strength and stamina and some research suggests that it can help relieve stress. Since it is safe to take on a regular basis, it is included in some herbal supplements for body builders.
- Its intake results in significant improvements in moods of tension, anger and confusion.
You can learn more about how to use supplements safely liquid products, but if you are considering tongkat ali (or any other form of alternative medicine), be sure to consult your primary healthcare provider first.
Leitão, A. E., de Souza Vieira, M. C., Pelegrini, A., da Silva, E. L., & de AzevedoGuimarães, A. C. (2021). A 6-month, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial to evaluate the effect of Eurycomalongifolia (Tongkat Ali) and concurrent training on erectile function and testosterone levels in androgen deficiency of aging males (ADAM). Maturitas, 145, 78-85.
Henkel, R. R., Wang, R., Bassett, S. H., Chen, T., Liu, N., Zhu, Y., &Tambi, M. I. (2014). Tongkat Ali as a potential herbal supplement for physically active male and female seniors—a pilot study. Phytotherapy Research, 28(4), 544-550.